Thursday, February 7, 2008

oh, sharon



i swear to god, my mother is the funniest person alive. after attending a kappa kappa gamma leadership academy in indiana (she bought a north face and special outdoors shoes from payless for the occasion), she decided to join facebook to keep in touch with all the "inspiring young kappas" she met, much to my 21-year-old brother's chagrin (i think her friend request is still sitting in his inbox).

when she joined, my friend aviva told me her profile made her laugh because you could imagine her sitting at the computer, wearing one pair of reading glasses with another pair absent-mindedly perched on her head, seriously debating over what her answers to the questions should be. for example:


Favorite TV Shows:
Dancing with the Stars, Big Love, Entourage, Grey's Anatomy, Oprah, Ellen, Boston Legal
Favorite Books:
Not a Reader

it doesn't end there. this morning i opened my gmail to an online survey from one sharon hendrix. the type of online survey we filled out in 7th grade. for posterity, i'm archiving it in my "Emails Worth Keeping" folder and pasting some choice excerpts here...

6. What do you usually have for breakfast? Green tea, oatmeal, or granola cereal lately a couple of prunes

7. What is your middle name? was Dean, now Wallingford

9. What is your favorite food at the moment? Always Mexican

10. What kind of car do you drive? 2001 White Expedition and Caroline's red Mustang

13. Favorite item of clothing? I love clothes especially from a discount store on sale

22. Favorite saying? They must be living in a hole

26. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? I just went to the doc and my cholestral decrease 4 points yea!! 201 LDL went down 23 points that is the bad stuff

35. Do you wish on stars? YES!

51. When was the last time you cried? At church

59. How many years at your current job? Retired I volunteer

60. Favorite day of the week? every day I am retired

70. What is your favorite musical instrument? my new Yamaha piano [blogger's note: this is a keyboard with 5,000 songs programmed in so it plays itself and you can sing karaoke to it. she made us all sing christmas carols to it.]

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your mother is, hands down, my second favorite woman of all time. (Aunt Peggy is, of course, my favorite.)

Katelyn said...

"Favorite day of the week? everyday I am retired."

AWESOME.

JM said...

oh, this brings back fond memories of the weekend that i was surrogate caroline. i think my favorite moment was me coming home from a rough day of interviews and your mom immediately asking me if i needed some wine. i heart sharon.